Apache 1.3 httpd.conf config problem

Rob King robking at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 25 23:06:27 BST 2002

Hi guys and gals...

Little problem with apache 1.3.26 - asked about, and no one else has any
ideas... I'm pretty sure it's something stupidly obvious though!

I deinstalled a perfectly operable apache 2 after realising that I couldn't
get Gallery to work with it. So 1.3 latest went on. Only thing is I can't
get the deamon to start up to serve the pages. When I run a apachectl
configtest I get the following:

su-2.05a# default_listeners(): getaddrinfo(PASSIVE) for family 28: No
address associated with hostname

I thought it was an error in my config (I'm not using 2.0 config -
completely fresh), but after a make deinstall, make clean, and make install
(no changes to the config file I'm left with the same problem...

Anyone any ideas? I'm just trying to get the thing tested at the moment - so
my machine's hostname is not one registered with any DNS. I've tried adding
the domains I'm going to be serving to the /etc/hosts file, but also to no
avail.

Regards,
Rob