Jobs.. :)

Simon Dick simond at irrelevant.org
Fri Jul 19 13:42:24 BST 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 13:32, Ashley Penney wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 01:12:54PM +0100, Ian MacDonald said:
> > You were tempted by those Zurich Jobs as well. I have been looking for a
> > few months for a Unix role (ISP or Banking) in London or south east.
> > There is virtually nothing out there. Some of the jobs advertised even
> > disappeared after the Agencies submitted CV's.
> >
> > There are whispers about a pickup in late August. I do hope so.
>
> Just in time for my birthday, sounds perfect to me.  (That'll be a nice
> birthday present, a job!).
>
> I must admit, I had my eye on those Zurich jobs as well.  Shame I have to
> stay in England as my partner is immigrating here soon.  :)
>
> (Talking of jobs.  Which jobsites do you use?  I stick to jobserve.co.uk
> and gojobsite.co.uk mainly as they seem to be the best ones out there.)

monster.co.uk and totaljobs.com aren't too bad I found.

> What annoys me with the jobsites is when you apply for a job, they get in
> contact and promise to pass your details on.  A week later, you see the
> job readvertised.  It wouldn't _really_ hurt them to say "No", rather than
> leave you hanging..

After a while of job hunting I just applied for about 4-5 jobs from web
sites per day and was surprised if I heard back about even one (and yes,
I saw loads of jobs being repeated even though the agency had told me
the job was gone)

I was just lucky enough to find a job via another mailing list I was on!

Simon Dick					simond at irrelevant.org