Strange ISDN error messages

Neil Ford neil at nubenu.com
Wed Jul 17 20:26:13 BST 2002

Hopefully someone here can help with this one...

I have a FreeBSD box that has happily running as an ISDN router for the last
18 months. Suddenly over the last couple of days the following error
messages have been appearing;

    > i4b-L1-isic_isac_irq: unit 0: Receive Aborted error
    > i4b-L1-isic_isac_irq: unit 0: CRC error

The CRC error especially repeats quite frequently. PPP seems to continue to
run okay though it may eventually clog up and need restarting (we've had the
box down to check fans etc. so haven't definitely experienced that).

The ISDN card is a BT Speedway card and the box a PIIMMX running 4.3-RELEASE
(it's been running okay so we've left it alone :-) ).

My suspicions are that we have a hardware problem brought on by the recent
hot weather. If it is I have no idea how to tell which bit of hardware is at
fault.

Anyone got any bright ideas/suggestions?

Neil.
--
Neil Ford
neil at nubenu.com | neil at ourshack.com