DHCP Server

Christopher Thomson2 THOMCHS2 at uk.ibm.com
Mon Jul 15 13:48:27 BST 2002

>> Are you running X? dhcpconf runs in X only...

I was running it from the command prompt but I did also try it in X with no
success.

I've done a bit more digging around on the net and found a utility called
Webmin http://www.webmin.com which should work. Will
give it a try sometime this week.

>> Else, just RTFM, and make up your own conf :]

Well I would do that but I am a typical impatient person who hates reading
manuals ;-) The plan was that if I used DHCPconf or similar I could
then look at the resulting config file.......... call me lazy ;-) I may
just end up doing it manually. Unix & Linux are both new to me so editing
lots of text config files is a strange experience after coming from the
worlds of M$ Windoze and pre Mac OS X.

regards

Chris
email : THOMCHS2 at uk.ibm.com