microuptime going backwards

Mark Hughes mh_lists at digitalspy.co.uk
Sun Jul 7 03:20:18 BST 2002

> I recently updated my 4.4 machine to 4.6 stable (brought about by a
> disk crash) and I have now seen many occasions where the machine
> becomes unusable due to the large number of console messages
> saying
>
> microuptime has gone backwards (ss.nnnnnn -> ss.nnnnnn)
>
> I don't have the exact text as nothing stops the output...
>
> Has anyone any ideas?
>
> I thought this started when one of my disks started giving read
> errors and the driver swapped to pio mode 4.

Something to do with APM I believe, the microuptime going backwards thing -
if you have a search on a freebsd-questions mailing list search I seem to
recall plenty of people asking about this very thing in the past, although I
have not experienced it myself.

Hope this helps in some small way :)

Mark