Cambridge Meet, 2002-07-20

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jul 3 09:38:49 BST 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:33:23PM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 07:59:35PM +0100, Roger McCalman wrote:
> >
> > For a demonstartion by FreeBSD people punting take a look at
> > http://www.runcircle.co.uk/Punting/
> > This is in Oxford so it may be different in Cambridge.
>
> It is. The Tabs punt from the wrong end. :P

I should perhaps clarify: Punts usually have two different ends,
one with a platform and one without. One always punts with the
punt in front of you going forwards, but in Cambridge we stand on
the platform whereas in Oxford they stand in the bilges.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
LUNDY FASTNET: NORTHWESTERLY 5 OR 6 DECREASING 4. RAIN THEN SHOWERS. MODERATE