Cambridge Meet, 2002-07-20

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 14:53:08 BST 2002

On Jul  1, John Murphy <jfm at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Is that like punting in boats or some kinda drink/drug reference?

I'm from Manchester and therefore be relatively certain that it's not a
drink/drug reference, otherwise I would have either been offered it or (in
the case of drink) tried it. ;-)

Punting in boats, as is done in "Oxbridge" towns is something that looks
incredibly relaxed, but I am assured by those who I have spoken to who have
given it a go, is a frantic and stressful experience for novice
participants. I might go down to Cambridge just to *watch* uk-users trying
it. ;-)

--
Paul Robinson