php upload problem with http_post_files

Rob Rob
Mon Jul 1 11:50:03 BST 2002

Hi all,

does anyone know why this is happening?

I'm trying to upload files through the browser.

I've just tried to use the $http_post_files global variable like this:-

copy ($HTTP_POST_FILES[$photo], "$dir/1") or die("<html><body
bgcolor=#ffffff background=../../../Images/background.gif
text=#000000><center><font face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif size=2>The file
you are trying to upload couldn't be copied to the server as it already

and I'm getting:-

"Warning: Unable to open '' for reading: No such file or directory in" when
I test it in a browser

is there some variable in the php.ini I need to turn on/off because I've
installed the php myself on a unix server

its php.4.2.1 by the way

any ideas?

cheers!!!

Robin Garbutt
Portfolio Art & Design Ltd
Tel -  +44 (0) 1204 383822
Fax - +44 (0) 1204 383866
Mob - +44 (0) 7811 185490
e-mail - Rob at portfoliodesign.net

For further information please visit us at :-
www.portfoliodesign.net

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the
e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you
are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or
otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have
received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender.