Domain/DNS/mail hosting recommendations?

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 30 00:47:38 GMT 2002

--tZCmRiovzb4sxAVa

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 10:50:02PM +0000, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> With my cable modem coming in a couple of weeks and mail.com starting to
> charge to forward my mail to me, I've decided it's time to do the job
> properly.  So, any recommendations from you lot for someone to register a
> domain with, and someone to host the DNS records and be backup MX for it
> once its registered?  It would be nice if DNS updates could be scripted --
> rather than done over a web interface -- so I don't have to do anything
> when ntl changes my address.

dnsalias.org.  There are tools in the ports collection that you can run
from /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks to make sure that your IP address is
updated (I'm using 'ipcheck').

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--tZCmRiovzb4sxAVa

--tZCmRiovzb4sxAVa--