more fun with ppp

David Foulis dbfpyro at gmx.net
Mon Jan 21 17:43:54 GMT 2002

This is what you said your ppp.conf looked like:

The meat of the "ppp.conf" file is as follows: (note the "set dial" string
has no end-lines in it)
default:
set device /dev/cuaa0
set speed 115200
set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0M0
OK-AT-OK\\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
interactive:
set phone 08454550280
set authname [usual ISP login uid]
set authkey [usual ISP login pw]
set timeout 300
set openmode active
# end of ppp.conf

I spent ages getting the ppp.conf to work, trying "unix-type login" and pap
/chap I had success in the end and the only difference to the example you
gave in this e-mail is following:

Under the set dial line I have:

set timeout 600  #(or anything to give it a bit of time)
enable dns  #(important)

also I don't have set openmode active ( I didn't see that anywhere I read
about the ppp stuff)

So try that set up and it should work.
Before I got that to work I used "ppp"
then by hand set authname etc and at the end
then "term" and atdt0840840111 (number of my isp)

Good luck Dave

--
David B. Foulis DBF-PYROTECHNIK
Switzerland