FreeBSD 4.3

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Sun Jan 20 16:50:27 GMT 2002

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 04:40:06PM +0000, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> On Sun Jan 20, 2002 at 04:21:14PM +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
>=20
> > You're not getting all of the spam that's being sent to this group.
> > I'm rejecting a fair amount of it because the list software detects it.
> > I'm not sure what the general solution is, most of it seems to be from a
> > random address with random content it in.  My guess is that a virus is
> > sending most of it because it doesn't appear to have any purpose.
>=20
> Maybe time to restrict posting to the list directly only from addresses
> already subscribed, with the rest being made pending approval.
>=20
> I don't think many people who participate on the list aren't subscribed.

I don't mind doing that - it would mean that you much send to the list
from the address that you subscribed to, otherwise it will take a little
while longer for the post to arrive.  (If I'm on holiday for instance
then such postings won't get moderated until I'm back.)

I don't care much, because I'm receiving similiar spam to most of the
mailing lists that I'm on, so reducing the noice on this list won't make
a difference to me.

Joe

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft--