FreeBSD 4.3

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Sun Jan 20 16:21:14 GMT 2002

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 04:18:36PM +0000, Paul Robinson wrote:
> On Jan 20, Peter James <p_f_james at lineone.net> wrote:
>=20
> > I am installing FreeBSD 4.3 this afternoon.  What is the difference bet=
ween=20
> > 4.3 and 4.4.  Is it mainly cosmetic, or is it worth up-grading?
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.4R/relnotes-i386.html
>=20
> > On a different note.  What if anything can be done about the spam that'=
s=20
> > infiltrating this group?
>=20
> Changing your mail filters? Ignoring it? Sending mails to postmaster@ and=
=20
> their upstream complaining? You can try it all, but I just rm it, and am=
=20
> currently trying to write a filter to send all of it to /dev/null

You're not getting all of the spam that's being sent to this group.
I'm rejecting a fair amount of it because the list software detects it.
I'm not sure what the general solution is, most of it seems to be from a
random address with random content it in.  My guess is that a virus is
sending most of it because it doesn't appear to have any purpose.

Anyone got any local rules for blocking it to hand?

Joe

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo--