Post Install configuaration

Peter James p_f_james at lineone.net
Fri Jan 18 11:33:48 GMT 2002

I have installed FreeBSD 4.3, and am now attempting to install some
software from the "Post Install menu".  Two packages I am trying to install
are :-
cvsup-bin
cvsupit
The installation appears to go ahead, when a message appears on-screen
saying "Package cvsupit-30. read successfully- waiting for Pkg_add(1)"  At
this point the message hangs and nothing happens.  After some time I am
forced into re-booting in order to get the system running again.  When
re-booted none of the selected packages have been installed, including
various utilities and other software packages.
Where am I going wrong here?  It's got to be me I'm sure.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter James
please reply to: pfjames at pingu.co.uk