nvidia and xfree86 4.1.0

Michael Pye michael at ulimit.org
Mon Jan 14 15:18:38 GMT 2002

I've been attempting to get xfree86 4.1.0 working on my nvidia
geforce2 mx based card, using FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE. The card is an ASUS
V7100 and the monitor is an Iiyama 4431D LCD, I'm using DVI between
the two.

The output from startx shows that it has detected the nvidia card and
shows geforce2 mx, and I'm using the correct 'nv' driver and the
correct horizontal and vertial sync settings.

The x session that starts however is just lots of yellow lines on the
display, and I have to ctrl-alt-backspace to quit.=20

Any ideas why this is happening ? I haven't tried a regular CRT
monitor, or the non-DVI D-SUB connector to the LCD monitor yet, but I
wouldn't have thought the LCD DVI connection would be the cause of the
problem ?

Cheers,
--
Michael Pye