Sendmail relaying

mark.stewart at bacs.co.uk mark.stewart at bacs.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 15:08:19 GMT 2002

relay-domains ?

There is nothing in the documentation about this config file, just mentions the
access file =2E=2E=2E=2E

Mark

Subject:    Re: Sendmail relaying=20=
Author: brian at freebsd-services=2Ecom
Date:       10/01/2002 2:48 PM

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 12:19:37PM +0000, mark=2Estewart at bacs=2Eco=2Euk wrote:
> > Cheers for the feedback, I was wondering if anyone had setup sendmail as =3D
> a relay
> > on there network=2E Did you add an mx entry for it to work or did you just =3D
> add an
> > entry to the access=2Econf file=3D20
> > You should just be able to add a rule to /etc/mail/access (copy the
> default one it if doesn't exist=2E)  This tells sendmail to relay for that
> domain=2E  Of course unless you add an MX record for it too no-one will
> try and relay mail ;)=2E

You do mean /etc/mail/relay-domains don't you :*P

> Joe

-- Brian <brian at freebsd-services=2Ecom>                <brian at Awfulhak=2Eorg>
http://www=2Efreebsd-services=2Ecom/        <brian@[uk=2E]FreeBSD=2Eorg>
Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !      <brian@[uk=2E]OpenBSD=2Eorg>

You can find us at www=2Ebacs=2Eco=2Euk

This communication is confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee only=2E You should
not disclose its contents to any other person=2E
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender named above immediately=2E

BACS Limited, registered in England, No 1023742,
3 De Havilland Road, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 5QA