ummm, I need help ...

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Thu Jan 10 10:02:50 GMT 2002

--llIrKcgUOe3dCx0c

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:00:42AM +0000, mark.stewart at bacs.co.uk wrote:
> Hi, I have some simple questions ...
>=20
> Does FreeBSD install DNS,BIND,SENDMAIL by default ??? This is annoying be=
cause I
> want to install them seperately. (I know you can disable sendmail from rc=
.conf,
> but it is still installed on my system)

Take a look at the make.conf(5) man page.  You can put NO_SENDMAIL in
/etc/make.conf and it will get ignore at {build,install}{world} time.
=20
> Where can I read about autostarting applications on boot. (I find it very
> different to redhat, which has run levels etc) ???

The scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ are processed at boot time, allowing
you to start local daemons, etc.  This is defined in the 'local_startup'
variable in rc.conf.  Take a look at the rc.conf(5) man page, and
/etc/defaults/rc.conf.

Joe

--llIrKcgUOe3dCx0c

--llIrKcgUOe3dCx0c--