ummm, I need help ...

mark.stewart at bacs.co.uk mark.stewart at bacs.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 10:00:42 GMT 2002

Hi, I have some simple questions =2E=2E=2E

Does FreeBSD install DNS,BIND,SENDMAIL by default ??? This is annoying because I
want to install them seperately=2E (I know you can disable sendmail from rc=2Econ=
f,
but it is still installed on my system)

Where can I read about autostarting applications on boot=2E (I find it very
different to redhat, which has run levels etc) ???

I realise be running netstart is rereads the configs for networking=2E But how do
I get FreeBSD to reread the rc=2Econf file, a kind of soft restart=2E ??? (I gues=
this is linked to autostarting)

Thanks in advance

Mark Stewart

You can find us at www=2Ebacs=2Eco=2Euk

This communication is confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee only=2E You should
not disclose its contents to any other person=2E
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender named above immediately=2E

BACS Limited, registered in England, No 1023742,
3 De Havilland Road, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 5QA