FreeBSD on raq4?

Mark Hughes mhughes at digitalspy.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 23:20:09 GMT 2002

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Mark Hughes wrote:
>
> >Agreed - I'd like to see it done, but I would concur that it did seem
> >impossible when we looked into it (albeit not with a huge amount of
depth).

> I smell a challenge!
>
> I do wonder though how worthwhile it would be with "proper" 1U servers
> being so cheap.  It's not as if you can pick these things out of skips -
> it seems there are still a lot of people who think they are the bee's
> knees.

I know... last time I looked, Cobalt were still charging upwards of £1,500
a pop for these awful beasts. Really can't believe anyone would pay that
when you could have a fully fledged "proper" 1U server for the same amount
of money, with five times the RAM, five times the HDD (in speed and in
size), and triple the processor speed...

Mark
--
Mark Hughes - DVD & Film Content Manager, Technical Officer
Digital Spy Ltd