More fun & games with ppp setup

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 18:11:55 GMT 2002

On Jan  2, John Rochester <john at jrochester.org> wrote:

> Neither PAP nor CHAP prompt for login: and password: - they are not
> human-readable protocols, at least according to RFC1334.

Every correctly configured modem rack I've ever seen prompts like that and
then goes and does it's magic in the background. I think we're getting
confused as to where the PAP and so forth is beginning. Either way, ppp
should be able to handle that without problems, and with the regular 'dial'
or 'auto-dial' configs - or at least it does on our callshare number - 0845
6621075 - on the modem racks I used to admin (CVX1800).

Anyway, like I say, I can't test his config here right now, but the normal
default chat script should 'just work' - he can try the above number and see
what he gets with username 'fbsduktest' and password the same.

--
Paul Robinson