SSH Clients

Brian Somers brian at freebsd-services.com
Fri Feb 22 14:06:46 GMT 2002

> OK read the thread and the general feeling is
> 1 Why use SSH1 when 2 is available

Because up until very recently, ssh-agent didn't work with ssh2.

> 2 Don't enable SSH1 fallback in SSH2
> 3 People make money from selling products and services ( Sorry but that sort of thing
> pays my bills )
> 4 It's OK to log into a server running SSH1 ( of course it is. the sysadmin has the
> problems not the clients)
>
> That's what I got from the thread but I could have miss some thing

I think it's important to note that recent versions of OpenSSH don't
have any vulnerabilities (that I know of).  However, even the latest
versions of ssh(1) from ssh.com have exploitable vulnerabilities.

I think, as you say, there are no reasons left for people not going
with ssh2.  In most cases, it's just a matter of getting the time to
convert.
--
Brian <brian at freebsd-services.com>                <brian at Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>