Telnet's are slow!!!!!

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 22 12:30:10 GMT 2002

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 11:30:53AM +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:47:43AM +0000, Paul Robinson wrote:
>
> > I agree putty is nice too, but by default backspace should be set to ^H not
> > ^? and it should assume the connection will be ssh not telnet straight away.
> > Yes, easy to change, but when I'm in 'hostile locations' I get fed up of
> > constantly changing those settings. Otherwise it's a very cool little piece
> > of software.
>
> Wierd, I don't have a backspace problem with putty logging into any of
> my machines.

I've had no problems with FreeBSD boxes, where I always run tcsh, but
the Solaris boxes at work running csh behave as Paul mentions.  The
other difference between these machines is that the FreeBSD ones run
OpenSSH, where as the Solaris ones run the SSH from ssh.com.

If I was bothered enough, I guess I could figure out exactly why this
happens...

Tom