Telnet's are slow!!!!!

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 10:47:43 GMT 2002

On Feb 21, Josef Karthauser <joe at tao.org.uk> wrote:

> I think that I agree with you, but I still use putty because it's a
> single binary .exe file and so is easy to run in hostile locations,
> whereas teraterm is a whole collection of files.

'Hostile locations'? Like Cybercafes? :-)

I agree putty is nice too, but by default backspace should be set to ^H not=
=20
^? and it should assume the connection will be ssh not telnet straight away=
.=20
Yes, easy to change, but when I'm in 'hostile locations' I get fed up of=20
constantly changing those settings. Otherwise it's a very cool little piece=
=20
of software.

--=20
Paul Robinson