on board sound "CMedia"

David Foulis dbfpyro at gmx.net
Fri Feb 22 00:35:05 GMT 2002

I'm trying to install the on board sound card on a new board.

I've tried some of the suggested combinations from the handbook, and now
after recompiling a couple of times I get the following
reaction:

root at bsdnet1# dmesg | grep pcm
pcm0: <CMedia CMI8738> at device 5.0 on PCI 0
pcm0: cmi_attach: Cannot allocate bus resource
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6
root at bsdnet1#

Does anybody know what the "6"  refers to?

I've got options PNPBIOS and device pcm and have tried with or without
device csa.

--
David B Foulis
DBF-PYROTECHNIK