GXN/Freenetname and bind 8.3

Mike Bristow mike at urgle.com
Tue Feb 19 19:01:30 GMT 2002

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 12:46:35PM +0000, Steven Fletcher wrote:
> Simple question so I'll cut to the chase:
>
> Has anyone else noticed that GXN's nameservers (at map{1-4}.dns.gxn.net)
> have been answering queries with... er... shite, recently?
>
> This only seems to have begun since I upgraded our resolvers to bind
> 8.3.1 (it may have been happening with 8.3.0, but if it was, I didn't
> notice), and apparently might be something to do with EDNSO.

[snip]

> Yes, that is part of a HTTP request in there!

Are the checksums correct?

There is a common class of bugs in routers where two packets
get their headers swapped.

(This normally happens because it's often faster to copy the headers
from the interface card to the routing engine, and once you know
where the packet is supposed to go, copy it to the outgoing interface
directly, and marry it up with it's headers once it gets there).

--
Mike Bristow, embonpointful, but not managerial, damnit.