installing KDE

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 13:19:10 GMT 2002

On Feb 13, Natalie Ford <natalie at ourshack.com> wrote:

> All I need to aks now is how to run kde instead of gnome (and vice
> versa) ?  :)

In your home directory there should be a file called .xinitrc (note the
preceeding '.') - in there to start KDE, it should read:

exec startkde

And that's it. When you next run 'startx' it will start KDE up as well and
it should 'just work'. I don't know about putting it back to GNOME as I've
never run it, but I would imagine if you've been running GNOME, then the
contents of this file before the change should give you a clue as to what
you need. :-)

--
Paul Robinson