My bad luck installing kde

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 12 15:33:49 GMT 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 03:06:49PM +0000, Michael Pye wrote:

> FreeBSD core team seem to be promoting gnome , i.e.
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/

I'm getting a little close to nit-picking here, but I wouldn't say
-core are promoting gnome.  Some FreeBSD developers are keen to see
better GNOME support on FreeBSD and so have started up a project to
deal with this.

I think there are no -core members in this group, but I'd speculate
that -core would "promote" any project that improves FreeBSD.

> ps. There's some kde resources specifically for freebsd at:
> http://freebsd.kde.org/

Which is also made up of several developers who are actively involved
with -ports.

Tom