My bad luck installing kde

Michael Pye michael at ulimit.org
Tue Feb 12 15:06:49 GMT 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:49:07 +0000, Natalie Ford wrote:
>Looks like the kde port is currentyl broken, then :)

I don't want to start a 'gnome vs kde' war, or even tell you to switch
(as you appear to have invested considerable time in attempting to get
kde working), but why kde as oppose to gnome ?

=46reeBSD core team seem to be promoting gnome , i.e.
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/

I found it fairly easy to gnome running on 4.4 by installing the gnome
meta-package from the cd.

--
Michael Pye

ps. There's some kde resources specifically for freebsd at:
http://freebsd.kde.org/