Symlinks

Rik rik at spoon.pkl.net
Tue Feb 12 13:10:32 GMT 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:13:14AM +0000, Paul Robinson wrote:
> On Feb 12, Rik <freebsd-users at rikrose.net> wrote:

[ stuff I agree with snipped ]

> If it can't handle that, you're expecting it to be written with good
> security in place? Are you insane?

Aparently :)

> Actually there is a security argument as to why it should be written
> to behave in that manner, but that's another story.

I'd like to hear that sometime.

> there unless I get bored. The DNS server and FTP server are still there, and
> I still want to play with them because I want to get more familiar with
> their RFCs. So, if you're looking to do this as a joint effort, give me a
> shout. I'll be at the next Manchester BSD UG meet at a guess.

Sure. I've got a few projects I regard as interesting. Having been given
an interesting piece of advice today about mail software, my ETA for
some free time has dropped quite significantly, so I may even plan
something serious soon.

> However, you may not want a co-designer/developer, as often with projects
> like these, the ideas become like children... :-)

Oh, I hadn't thought anything of it yet, aside from having a similar
layout to djbdns, but being more compatible with the rest of the world.
I'm wide open to suggestion. Care to scribble some stuff down and bring
notes to the UG, or will everyone look at us funny and get annoyed we're
talking about semi-work?

rik
--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F