Symlinks

Rik fbsdusers at rikrose.net
Tue Feb 12 13:04:40 GMT 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:35:42AM +0000, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:10:12AM +0000, Rik wrote:
> > Being fair, a hole in the head *does* let your brains leak out. djbdns
> > does actually work, and it works well, and it fills my criteria (I never
> > said I knew enough about DNS to be *sure* it works well, but it seems to
> > from what I can tell). It's publicfile that annoys me.
>
> It works until you want your server to interoperate fully with any other
> DNS server out there.  Last I saw, it couldn't handle zone transfers
> except in it's own weird format.

The axfrdns daemon works (albeit slightly weirdly. I've had to bind it
to a separate IP), and I wrote a perl script to send NOTIFY messages to
the secondaries.

--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F