Further investigation

Dominic Marks dominic_marks at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 9 15:59:34 GMT 2002

Hey,

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 02:23:59PM +0000, Natalie Ford wrote:
> > (snip)
> > # pkg_add -v /home/username/qt-2.3.1_1.tgz
>
> Thanks ever so much for that clear and helpful set of instructions.
>
> I did try them out but, when I run the above command, it complains
> of needing the following packages:
>
> png-1.2.1

/usr/ports/graphics/png

> jpeg-6b_1

/usr/ports/graphics/jpeg

> lcms-1.08

/usr/ports/graphics/lcms

> libmng-1.0.3

/usr/ports/graphics/libmng

> Mesa-3.4.2_2

/usr/ports/graphics/Mesa3

> I assume that I can download these packages in much the same way,
> but what directory/ies on the ftp server will these reside in?

ftp://ftp.uk.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages

They'll be in subdirectories from this folder, much like the layout of
the ports tree, eg, for png its:

ftp://ftp.uk.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages/graphics/png-1.2.1.tgz

> Thanks in advance for all your help...

You should be able to just use: pkg_add -rv <name> for these packages
as they are much smaller than Qt. For example:

# pkg_add -rv png

Should work fine.