Jadetec micro PC

Dominic Marks dominic_marks at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 8 17:45:49 GMT 2002

Hey,

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 05:09:42PM +0000, Robin Melville wrote:
> At 12:43 pm +0000 8/2/02, Dominic Marks wrote:
> >Hey,
> >
> >On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 11:30:09AM +0000, Robin Melville wrote:
> >>  Dear all
> >>
> >  > I just bought a Jadetec [...] tips as to
> >  > how to make it run at a reasonable speed?
> >>
> >>  Many thanks,
> >>
> >>  Robin.
> >
> >What percentage of CPU is devoted to interrupts?
> >
> >dom at gallium:/home/dom$ vmstat -i | tail -1
> >Total                     3652124        244
> >
> >This is a PII 450Mhz being used for my desktop, I've got XFree86,
> >enlightenment, XMMS, and some terminals running - as well as some
> >background daemons (samba, postfix, fetchmail) I'm wondering if you have
> >a problem with the chipset.
> >
> >Of course, I might be talking nonsense :)
>
> root:~ 19% vmstat -i
> interrupt                   total       rate
> ata0 irq14                 133943          9
> ata1 irq15                      4          0
> mux irq11                 1987116        144
> fdc0 irq6                       2          0
> sio0 irq4                   53397          3
> sio1 irq3                       3          0
> ppc0 irq7                       1          0
> clk irq0                  1374407        100
> rtc irq8                  1759477        128
> Total                     5308350        386

Well, your doing a good bit more than I am (CPU is also a good deal
faster so...), but my theory would probably require much larger numbers.

> I'm not too sure what these mean, does it mean anything to you?

I suggest mailing freebsd-questions at freebsd.org with the information
that you originally sent to this list if nobody else has any thoughts.

--
Dominic

==> Blatant EMail Abuse Start
 {I'm looking for a summer job. If your based in or around London and
 need some skivvy work doing by an impoverished student :) please mail
 me privately, I can code (best to ask if you need specifics) and Admin,
 ... and make tea, use a photocopier, Thanks}
<== Blatant EMail Abuse Stop