http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/ seems to be down

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Fri Feb 8 15:05:22 GMT 2002

--2Z2K0IlrPCVsbNpk

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:39:16PM +0000, Natalie Ford wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:36:47PM +0000, John Murphy wrote:
> > Natalie Ford <natalie at ourshack.com> wrote:
> > >I am getting a 'Cannot find server or DNS error' from the site.
> > http://www.freebsd-uk.eu.org/
> > Seems ok although:
> > "The Member's Directory has been disabled during the migration from
> > the old database format to the new format."
>=20
> It is OK now.  It wasn't then.  :)

No it's not ok :)  The ukug site is hosted on Storm.uk.freebsd.org,
which is currently very sick with a disease called 'harddrive burn-out'.
It affects older machines, but has been known to strike randomly on
newer machines too.  Brian's whistling down the M25/M23 to Brighton this
very moment with his doctor's bag and we're going to fix storm back up
good and proper.
=20
> And, I was after the list of mailing list subscribers on the
> mailman page, not the list of UG members.  :)

That list is hosted on the listserver, which is yet another server :).