Symlinks

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Fri Feb 8 11:46:11 GMT 2002

"Tom Turrisi ( Inteleco Ltd )" <tom at my-internet.co.uk> wrote:

> I've read all the wu-ftpd readmes and howtos and I know that according
> to them it is not possible but I was wondering if any of you had a work
> around for using symlinks inside a guest chrooted area.

A chrooted area is that, so the chrooted environment can see nothing
outside of itself.

What do you want to do exactly?

You may be able to do something clever with loopback filesystem
mounts to replicate an area into the chrooted area, but I'm not
sure how stable the loopback (or whatever its FreeBSD equivalent
is called) filesystem is on FreeBSD.

My feeling has always been that all the special filesystems, union,
etc are all a bit buggy.  But maybe they work better these days?

-Paul-