This Korean spam

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Thu Feb 7 23:55:10 GMT 2002

--F8dlzb82+Fcn6AgP

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 10:08:11PM +0000, AMAKAWA Shuhei wrote:
>=20
> It's not a brilliant idea to filter based on the charset.
> It assumes
>=20
> (i) The specified charset is correct.
> (ii) The specified charset is the lowest upper bound of the charset
> that is actually used.
>=20
> (i) is OK(ish).
> But (ii) is a bit more dodgy.

In my personal mail I'm filtering on > 0x80 characters in any header,
and different character sets in headers.  It's catching all of this
and a few non-spams, but is mostly better.

For the list I'm planning to make it subscriber only.  Fixing the
ukug.uk.freebsd.org email was a starting place, which is now done,
so I think that I'll go ahead.

Joe

--F8dlzb82+Fcn6AgP

--F8dlzb82+Fcn6AgP--