I thought I had subscribed but have had no mail...

Dominic Marks dominic_marks at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 5 02:29:01 GMT 2002

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:42:38AM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> Hi Natalie,
>
> How's Neil doing?  Long time no hear :-)
>
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 11:17:16PM -0000, Natalie Ford wrote:
> > I am having problems installing KDE on my FreeBSD box.
> >
> > It is failing during make:
> >
> > gmake[2]: *** [kernel/qthread_unix.moc] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > during trying to build qt23.
>
> Is it failing at the same point each time?

I've CC: kde at freebsd.org, the KDE/FreeBSD list, perhaps someone there
knows what might be the issue. I suggest using the packages for KDE
2.2.2 which are now available on an ftp server near you,
ftp.uk.freebsd.org appears to be carrying to complete set.

> Which version of FreeBSD, and which version of KDE (and if you're using
> CVSup to keep the ports tree up to date, when did you last update the
> ports tree?).
>
> > Also, is the traffic on this list REALYY this low, or am I not subscribed
> > properly?  :)
>
> Getting a message or two a day at the moment.  Since you can post
> without needing to be subscribed, I'd guess that you're not
> subscribed. . .

Most of the mail a day seems to be spam, has anyone looked into how it
could be filtered out? It's not even spam in characters mutt can
display. Makes me wonder the point of sending advertising to people who
can't read your advert ...

--
Dominic