screen offset

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 5 01:35:16 GMT 2002

--FbmEh7Ek6NM6xKh/

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 11:42:39PM +0000, Ben Paley wrote:
> 	At my small, old monitor's maximum resolution of 1024x768 the image is=
=20
> offset several centimetres to the right, so that the left side of the scr=
een=20
> is blank, and the desktop is folded over itself on the right. Is there a=
=20
> simple way to correct this, perhaps by editing XF86Config, or is there=20
> perhaps a utility which will sort it out? It's very annoying, as it means=
 I=20
> must continually fiddle with my monitor's alignment knobs whenever I go f=
rom=20
> ttyv0-7 to ttyv8 and back again.

Take a look at xvidtune, which lets you adjust the X display parameters,
and then print out a line suitable for inclusion in your XFree86 config
file.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--FbmEh7Ek6NM6xKh/

--FbmEh7Ek6NM6xKh/--