ftp4.uk.freebsd.org

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Sat Feb 2 13:29:36 GMT 2002

Dominic Marks <dominic_marks at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Using binary mode to transfer files.
> ftp> cd /pub/FreeBSD
> 550 /pub/FreeBSD: No such file or directory
> ftp>

On Sunsite UK this would probably be /packages/FreeBSD, as that's their
standard layout, but that doesn't work either.

> So it appears that sunsite.org.uk have stopped carrying FreeBSD. The
> reason I'm mailing here and not to the mirrors mailing list is on the
> off chance that this isn't intentional by SunSite and that the
> Administrator or someone who knows them could alert them.

Sunsite UK doesn't seem to have been mirroring FreeBSD for quite some
time, although I suspect this is due to lack of disk space than for
any other reason.  Nowadays I tend to download from the plig mirror
instead, which seems to have good connectivity.

-Paul-