Installation auto folder builder thing. Query on setup of drivers. V4.7

Tom Leaman dylmts at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 26 11:33:45 GMT 2002

I have recently been trying to install freeBSD release 4.7 onto my computer.
I have partitioned off part off a drive especially for it (4879M) I realise
I need to split it up into sections but the on-line help text said if you
have more than 200M you should just use the automatic setup feature. When I
do this it uses all the space (Is this normal.).It then gives me a screen
telling me it couldn't create var/something (sorry it is so vague!) and it
may not work if I do not have much memory. It fails everytime.

I am by no means an expert and I was hoping someone out there may know what
I'm doing wrong. Sorry this is a bit vague.

Tom

p.s. I am booting with a floppy and installing off a CDRom. anything else
you will have to ask me about.

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_eliminateviruses_3mf