sendmail upgrade

Paul Truran paul at truran.net
Tue Dec 17 15:33:41 GMT 2002

Hi Guys,

I am currently planning to upgrade my version of sendmail to the latest one,
in order to make use of the spamassasin mail filtering stuff.  I'm not sure
what version of sendmail I am running (It will be whichever one ships with
4.5) and I will be upgrading to whatever version /usr/ports/mail/sendmail
contains.  Basically, I would like to know how easy this is going to be.  Is
it just a question of stopping sendmail, installing the port, and starting it
again?  I have a few config changes that I need to make from the default
settings, but nothing too major.  I have had a look on the internet for
upgrade guides, but there appears to be quite a bit of conflicting
information, as it seems to depend a lot on what versions are involved.  Any
pointers/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.