Netgear NIC

Lou Kamenov lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Mon Dec 16 10:25:11 GMT 2002

In some email I received from "Jon Schneider" <jon at axismilton.ltd.uk> on
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:14:35 -0000 :
> Ugh I had had an hours-long argument and FA311 card a while ago and
> ultimately told the friend to take it back. He bought it at PC world
> to make a linux firewall. There was another nastyish (Ne2000 etc.)
> card already in the machine. I found that dependant on which slot
> they were in, the order of loading the modules, whether NT had been
> fired up and the wind direction the the drivers might recognise the
> wrong card or the right card with the IRQ assigned to the other. Also
> fired up an OpenBSD boot sloppy to see what it made of it and still
> had trouble. Horrible. Use it as a shovel or wheel chock or
> something.

Exactly, now i`m convinced that the cards you`ve purchased are the ones
with the wrong version setting in it, if you flush it, everything should
be alright. Plus it wont work on FreeBSD/Win32/Linux anything.
Please if you have some time download the version set utility and try
it. It wont hurt, also Netgear is a good card(cheap also), no need to
turn it back if that`s the issue :)

again the url:
http://www.expressresponse.com/cgi-bin/progsnp/netgear2/srchjnnp?search_type=fdocument&search_input=D100092.htm&session_id=1040032741.13726.7&faq_tplt=1&faq1=adapter%5fdwnld&faq2=adapter&level=prodfamily&prodfamily=adapter&product=All&template

cheers,
-lou

----

Lou Kamenov	lou at FreeBSD-bg.org		lou.k at hq.aeye.net
FreeBSD BGUG	http://www.freebsd-bg.org	http://www.aeye.net
Key Fingerprint - 936F F64A AD50 2D27 07E7  6629 F493 95AE A297 084A
One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least
somebody's listening. - Franklin P. Jones