Netgear NIC

Jon Schneider jon at axismilton.ltd.uk
Mon Dec 16 10:14:35 GMT 2002

Ugh I had had an hours-long argument and FA311 card a while ago and
ultimately told the friend to take it back. He bought it at PC world
to make a linux firewall. There was another nastyish (Ne2000 etc.)
card already in the machine. I found that dependant on which slot
they were in, the order of loading the modules, whether NT had been
fired up and the wind direction the the drivers might recognise the
wrong card or the right card with the IRQ assigned to the other. Also
fired up an OpenBSD boot sloppy to see what it made of it and still
had trouble. Horrible. Use it as a shovel or wheel chock or
something.

Jon