Netgear NIC

Lou Kamenov lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Mon Dec 16 10:04:30 GMT 2002

In some email I received from Stacey Roberts <stacey at vickiandstacey.com>
on 15 Dec 2002 20:56:55 +0000 :
> Hi Jeff,
>    Notwithstanding the fact that the card might well be dodgy, there
> might be an issue with whether or not the mobo is able to support a
> bus-mastering pci device in a non bus-master pci slot (usually pci 0).
>
> Weird behaving pci devices are usually sorted out by:-
> Ensuring that PnP is disabled in the bios
> Shuffling the card along the PCI slots

You should try moving it to slot 0 or 1. I read somewhere, somewhen
something about this.
It would be helpful if you send us your ifconfig sis0 && (dmesg
| grep sis0).

ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff - usually a MAC for a broadcast.

Also AFAIK some FA311 cards have a firmware
problem, it didnt accept the FA311 driver when i was trying to install
it, it was trying to convince me that it is FA312. I manage to fix it by
chaning a few settings in the rom.. I`ll try to investigate
further this issue, could you please take a look on the card and tell me
what`s the product revision id? However in the meanwhile you could try
the tool for the version,
http://www.expressresponse.com/cgi-bin/progsnp/netgear2/srchjnnp?search_type=fdocument&search_input=D100092.htm&session_id=1040032741.13726.7&faq_tplt=1&faq1=adapter%5fdwnld&faq2=adapter&level=prodfamily&prodfamily=adapter&product=All&template=