Netgear NIC

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Sun Dec 15 20:50:14 GMT 2002

Its an FA311.  5 quid at the computer fair in East Croydon this morning
:)  I suspect it is hosed.  I get a link light when I plug in the cable,
and on the switch, but ifconfig always shows (none).  Even if I set the
speed/duplex specifically.  One other odd thing is that it didn't see it
all in another PCI slot.  The machine is an ancient Pentium-75 with a mix
of ISA and PCI slots (machine was only 20 quid :):).  There is a 3com ISA
card on IRQ10/300 which is working fine on the same ethernet cable/switch
port.  There is also a PCI video card.  No other cards.  Had a look
through the BIOS for PCI slot settings - they are all the same and at
defaults...