UG meetings

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 12 19:05:56 GMT 2002

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 01:23:29PM +0000, Paul Richards wrote:

> He seems to have forgotten but Tom Hukins kindly agreed to co-ordinate
> London region UK meetings, I'm sure he's just about to announce
> the next one :-)

Yes, thanks for the reminder.  I've discussed this with a few people
but haven't announced anything yet.  Here goes:

I'd like to organise regular gatherings for anyone interested in
FreeBSD in or around London.  I neither live nor work in London, but
it seems like a convenient place for various people to get to.

Picking a pseudo-random date, I suggest we hold an informal pub
meeting on January 16th (Thursday).  If this is a bad time, let me
know.  I hope someone who knows central London better than I do will
suggest a good location: if not I'll use my limited knowledge to
choose somewhere.

Then, some time in February, I suggest we hold a technical meeting.
If anyone would like to give a talk of any duration on anything
related to FreeBSD, please contact me.  We also need somewhere to meet
with suitable facilites.

If you'd like to help out in any way, or have any useful advice,
contact me off-list.  I'll let everyone know when I have more detailed
plans.

Tom