ipfw + dummynet

Robin Robin
Wed Dec 11 11:38:27 GMT 2002

ipfw + dummynet.

Hi all,

I want to set a ruling for all the systems on a network to limit bandwidth
to say 15KB/s from our adsl router. No probs with this using ipfw and
dummynet, however, is it then possible to allow say 3 of the 15 systems to
have the maximum amount of bandwidth and therefore not be effected by the
rule.

I can do it the other way, where I would create seperate rulings for all the
ip addresses on the network, however this seems a bit long winded.

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers!

Robin Garbutt
Portfolio Art & Design Ltd
Tel -  +44 (0) 1204 383822
Fax - +44 (0) 1204 383866
Mob - +44 (0) 7811 185490
e-mail - Rob at portfoliodesign.net

For further information please visit us at :-
www.portfoliodesign.net

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the
e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you
are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or
otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have
received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender.