cvs issues

Lou Kamenov lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Tue Dec 10 16:16:37 GMT 2002

In some email I received from Pete French <pete at twisted.org.uk> on Tue,
10 Dec 2002 15:40:52 +0000 :
> > A 'zombie' proc stays in the background eating 90% of the resources,
> > i tried to debug it, but the only thing i could get was a
> > sigprocmask() kinda loop, and i was wondering if anyone knows
> > anything about that, or i should dig deeper in the code.
>
> I think its a known problem - I've seen it discussed on -STABLE
> recently, people with cvs servers eating shedloads of CPU time. I
> didnt pay a lot of attentionthough as I dont run a server myself.

Right, AFAIK the thread was about unfixed PR gnu/44564.
And it looks like I was wrong, the patch from Robin Schilham
wasnt merged in -STABLE nor the one from ru at FreeBSD.org.

> > my cvs version is 1.11.2, cvsuped today.
>
> Hmm, Ithought it had been fixed in the last few days though :-( Try
> looking through the -STABLE archives for the last couple of weeks.

I thought it was fixed months ago, anyways. Hopefully that will solve
the problem, thanks.
If it works, i`ll let you know about the results.

cheers,
-lou

----

Lou Kamenov	lou at freebsd-bg.org		lou.k at hq.aeye.net
FreeBSD BGUG	http://www.freebsd-bg.org	http://www.aeye.net
Key Fingerprint - 936F F64A AD50 2D27 07E7  6629 F493 95AE A297 084A
One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least
somebody's listening. - Franklin P. Jones