cvs issues

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 16:09:47 GMT 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 03:40:52PM +0000, Pete French wrote:
> > A 'zombie' proc stays in the background eating 90% of the resources,
> > i tried to debug it, but the only thing i could get was a
> > sigprocmask() kinda loop, and i was wondering if anyone knows anything
> > about that, or i should dig deeper in the code.
>
> I think its a known problem - I've seen it discussed on -STABLE recently,
> people with cvs servers eating shedloads of CPU time. I didnt pay a lot
> of attentionthough as I dont run a server myself.

When you say "discussed" I take it you mean the two message thread
that starts with:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=120504+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2002/freebsd-stable/20021103.freebsd-stable

That seems to be a specific problem with cvs pserver, which Lou isn't
using.  Could be related though.

> > my cvs version is 1.11.2, cvsuped today.
>
> Hmm, Ithought it had been fixed in the last few days though :-( Try looking
> through the -STABLE archives for the last couple of weeks.

1.11.2.1 was imported into CURRENT a week or so ago, but it hasn't
been MFC'd yet.  The 1.11.2 version in -STABLE predates the report of
the bugs in the pserver mode (last update of the cvs sources on
RELENG_4 was on Oct 15) --- I guess we're waiting on the MFC to happen
to see if that fixes things.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way