mouse problem

Ben Tyson-Norrman ben at twowaytv.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 10:38:54 GMT 2002

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2A038.56641ED0

Silly question.... this isn't APMD being a slapper is it ...? (Technical
Term)

I've had problems whereby machines go into "stupid standby" where the NIC
stops responding - what use it that may I ask....

Didn't fix the problem, just disabled APMD and it all works fine....

recipient(s) only and may be confidential, legally privileged and protected
by law. If you are not a named addressee or have received this transmission
in error, please notify us immediately at postmaster at twowaytv.co.uk and then
delete this e-mail. As Internet communications are not secure we do not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or
responsibility for any change made to this message after the original sender
sent it.  Save for this legal notice, the contents or opinions contained
within this e-mail are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily
represent those of Two Way TV Ltd unless otherwise specifically stated.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2A038.56641ED0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: mouse problem</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Silly question.... this isn't APMD being a slapper is =
it ...? (Technical Term)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've had problems whereby machines go into =
&quot;stupid standby&quot; where the NIC stops responding - what use it =
that may I ask....</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Didn't fix the problem, just disabled APMD and it all =
works fine....</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: Michael Pye [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:michael at ulimit.org">mailto:michael at ulimit.org</A>]</FONT>=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: 10 December 2002 10:35</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To: freebsd-users at uk.freebsd.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: Re: mouse problem</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; On Tuesday 10 December 2002 05:07, Roshan =
Harneker wrote:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; &gt; id probably be inclined to agree with you, =
except when i </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; was running 4.5</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; &gt; stable [before cvsuping to 4.7 stable a =
few days ago] i </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; didnt ever have</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; &gt; any hassles with the mouse doing =
this.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; I have the same problem on a desktop system =
running </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; 4.7-RELENG. I have a USB </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; MS intellimouse explorer, and after a few hours =
the optical </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; light goes out on </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; the mouse, as though it's no longer receiving =
power, and I </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; have to reboot.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Funnily enough, on another desktop system =
running the same </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; release, with a USB </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; MS intellimouse optical (slightly different =
mouse) the </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; problem doesn't exist.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; --</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Michael Pye</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; ------ FreeBSD UK Users' Group&nbsp; -&nbsp; =
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; <A =
HREF=3D"http://listserver.uk.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-users"=
 =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://listserver.uk.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/free=
bsd-users</A></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D1>This e-mail and its attachments are intended for =
the above named recipient(s) only and may be confidential, legally =
privileged and protected by law. If you are not a named addressee or =
have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately =
at postmaster at twowaytv.co.uk and then delete this e-mail. As Internet =
communications are not secure we do not accept legal responsibility for =
the contents of this message or responsibility for any change made to =
this message after the original sender sent it.&nbsp; Save for this =
legal notice, the contents or opinions contained within this e-mail are =
solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of =
Two Way TV Ltd unless otherwise specifically stated. </FONT></B></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2A038.56641ED0--