any cacti/rrdtool users out there?

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 21:38:32 GMT 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 11:50:38AM -0000, Robin Garbutt wrote:

> I'm running cati with rrdtool, however on cranking it up by running the
> cmd.php file command line i.e:
> php /usr/home/cacti/cmd.php

I'm afraid I don't know these tools. But it looks like cacti isn't in
ports, so it could need some manual configuration to get it going. How
much? I don't know.

> I get:-
>
> bash-2.05a# php /usr/home/cacti/cmd.php
> ping: invalid count of packets to transmit: `loopback0.gw4.phl1.alter.net'

Don't know what this is about.

> /usr/bin/smbstatus: not found

That sounds like it's looking for some samba stuff.

> cat: /proc/meminfo: No such file or directory

Look at: man 5 procfs
It doesn't make any mention of /proc/meminfo. Perhaps it appears on
Linux procfs? If I remember correctly, it does.

> cat: /proc/meminfo: No such file or directory
> cat: /proc/meminfo: No such file or directory
> cat: /proc/meminfo: No such file or directory
> wc: /var/log/httpd/access_log: open: No such file or directory

Missing Apache log file I think. Mines at:

/var/log/httpd-access.log

> cat: /proc/meminfo: No such file or directory
>
> hence there's no data being graphed.
>
> ny ideas?

You're tring to install a linux program on FreeBSD & it doesn't like
it?

> cheers in advance!

I'm largely guessing really! Sorry not to be of more help.

--

 Frank

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
   Boroughbridge.
 Tel: 01423 323019
     ---------
PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3

http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

 "There's plenty of women involved in the Linux community, but I would
 imagine few of them are hanging out with a bunch of stinky
 sandal-clad freaks in some basement, reading Linux Journal and
 throwing darts at a picture of BillG."

     - assessment of LUGs on k5