OT: Tab-completion under Windows

Andrew Boothman andrew at cream.org
Wed Dec 4 17:02:06 GMT 2002

Hi all,

Apologies for this off-topic post, but I was so pleased I just found the
following facility under windows I thought others in my situation might
appricate it.

I find myself constantly hitting the tab key when using the command
prompt under windows trying to get the prompt to automatically complete
filenames and directory names, like any well-behaved Unix shell does.

I found that the Tweak-UI utility (available from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/6/43.ASP) allows
you to turn on tab-completion of filenames and directory names.

Now i'm off to make a batch file so that windows will perform a 'dir'
everytime I type 'ls'..... :)

Andrew.